Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Fraud Management Analyst
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Department: Risk & Compliance
Sector: Financial Services / FinTech
Reports To: Enterprise Risk Manager
About the Role
- As a Fraud Management Analyst at Paga, you will be responsible for developing and implementing action plans for detecting fraudulent activities in the organization
- The ideal candidate would work closely with the Fraud Associate to identify and analyze cases of money laundering, forgeries, and legal claims.
- The ideal candidate should be familiar with legal and regulatory guidelines and corporate governance best practices and should also be of high ethical standard.
- They should be analytical and work diligently to complete their duties, keeping in mind the objectives of the business.
- Fraud Monitoring, Analysis, Investigation and Resolution of issues raised
- Assists in the development of fraud detection tactical and strategic planning for fraudulent activities on the company platform and internally, including developing and managing a product roadmap.
- Proactively monitor and review account and transaction data for suspicious activity and possible fraud.
- Review, investigate and resolve irregular transactions reported.
- Responsible for the regulatory AML CFT suspicious activity process.
- Utilize various data analysis and accounting tools in collecting, sorting and analysing financial data to obtain results which reveal inconsistencies as well as the possible suspects.
- Conduct interviews to obtain information useful in resolving financial crimes.
- Identify business areas requiring increased security controls to protect the company and its end users from future incidents of fraud.
- Keep detailed records of suspicious activity, analyze trends, communicate security threats to management and provide recommendations for loss mitigation as needed.
- Respond to fraud queries across the multiple channels
- Liaise with internal teams, merchants, banks, transaction processors, regulatory bodies, law enforcement and any 3rd party involved.
- Liaise with legal counsels to develop and execute plans for the resolution of fraud cases.
- Produce evidence and useful information as requested by law enforcement. Design and implement processes effective for the prevention or minimization of fraud risks
- Maintain record of all investigative operations and results of analysis
- Conduct research and attend educational programs to update professional knowledge.
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
- Other roles as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- B.Sc / BA with field such as Law, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- 2 years+ experience in Fraud Management environment or a similar role
- Must have completed NYSC.
- Experience as a Fraud Management professional.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping.
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality.
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities.
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Certified Fraud Examiner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self- driven and hardworking
- Multitask and manage competing priorities
- Good team player
- Detail-oriented and process-oriented approach.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices.
You can also check the following
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know