Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full Time
- To assist in the implementation and maintenance of a sound quality assurance system and continual improvement of Health, Safety and Environment compliance in IBEDC.
- Follow-up on compliance with health and safety policies, processes, procedures and guideline.
- Carryout hazard hunting activities region-wide, suggest effective control measures and monitor all recommendations for non-conformances to prevent occurrence/reoccurrence as the case may be.
- Support the implementation of culture-changing tools, techniques and programs towards a sustainable change.
- Apply, monitor and measure all health and safety loss prevention programs, such as accident prevention plan, HSE Meetings, Safety Toolbox talk, job hazard analysis workshop, trainings, inspection and audit programs.
- Carryout minor accident and Near miss investigations to establish the Root Cause of occurrence, recommend remedial measures to avoid reoccurrence and draw learning points to sensitize staff against such.
- Identify and report trending and data analysis of Business Hubs/Service Units for escalation where the need arises.
- Prepares periodic and ad-hoc health and safety reports in accordance with relevant stipulations/guidelines.
- Ensure adherence to standards and regulations by incorporating relevant occupational health safety and environmental legislations in IBEDC’s operation / activities Business Hub-wide.
- Support the implementation of programs that promote federal, state and local safety & environmental regulations.
- Inspects installed machineries to check for effectiveness of safety devices.
- Inspection of protection schemes to ensure compliance, effective documentation and storage.
- Ensure close out of all recommendations for non-conformances (Near miss & accident investigations, inspections, Audit, regulatory e. t. c) to prevent reoccurrence.
- Manage the storage, reuse, recycle & disposal of residual and hazardous wastes.
- Implement process and product safety standard that will eliminate or reduce employees’ exposure to chemical, physical, and biological hazards.
- A First Degree in Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering or any related discipline.
- A postgraduate degree in any related discipline is an added advantage.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies. (ISPON); (BCSP); (ISHM).
- At least 5 years’ experience in the HSE field within a relevant industry (Utilities, oil and gas, telecommunications etc.).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online