Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Power Plant Electrician
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Vacancy Type: Internal Candidates Only
Purpose of the Job
- To carry out routine operation and maintenance and checks of power generating equipment and its auxiliaries as well as the power distribution equipment.
- Carryout day to day operation of the generating sets, ensuring efficient and effective running.
- Monitor the generator parameters while the engine is running to ensure that they are in good operating condition and if otherwise take corrective action.
- Carryout maintenance of HV, MV and LV panels, equipment and switchgears.
- Carryout troubleshooting of generator faults and effect electrical repairs and minor installations as at when required.
- Conduct regular condition monitoring of the engine, observe the sound of the engine, watch out for loose bolts and carry out visual inspection of all necessary engine parts.
- Keep the transformer house, switch rooms, control rooms, engine room, and surrounding areas of the power plant clean at all times to comply with good environmental practices.
- Generate and maintain reports of all maintenance activities.
- Maintain safe work environment and conform to safety rules and regulations.
- Ensure the safety of self and others in the line of work.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Management.
- 5 O’level credits including English & Mathematics in not more than 2 sittings.
- NABTEB / Trade Test.
- OND in Electrical Engineering is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
The Person Must:
- Have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Possess clear and accurate reporting skills.
- Have proven knowledge of how to work with electrical systems and use various hand tools (e.g., wire strippers and multimeter)
- Ability to read and interprete electrical circuit diagram (verbal and written).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online