The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resourcing Specialist – Sub-Saharan Africa
Location: Abuja or Lagos
Pay band: 6
Contract Type: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Working within the SSA Regional Resourcing Team, this role will actively contribute to the provision of professional recruitment services ensuring the right people are in the right posts at the right time.
- The Resourcing Specialist will support the delivery of resourcing targets, supporting and coaching line managers in conjunction with HR colleagues in the Region.
- By providing strong, proactive administrative support, an efficient end to end best practice recruitment process will be delivered to our stakeholders internally and externally (customers, candidates, suppliers), resulting in recruitment campaigns being delivered well and to time.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
The main essential knowledge and experience points that we are looking for you to evidence are:
- Degree in Human Resources or related discipline or equivalent by experience (progressive years)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sound attention to detail, ensuring accuracy in information and reporting, clear messaging and consistent standard
- Strong self-management including prioritisation and delivery of objectives against varying deadlines and activities
- Exposure to working within a busy fast paced environment while meeting tight deadlines
- Sound evidence of providing high level administrative support to individuals and teams
- Evidence of acting as the first point of contact within a customer focussed environment
- Engagement with varying levels and types of stakeholders and exposure to working with confidential information
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in recruiter role
- Understanding of relevant employment legislation in SSA countries and equal employment opportunity best practice
- Direct sourcing experience and managing end to end recruitment campaigns.
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Proactive and innovative in relation to delivering strong attraction and recruitment results
- Some previous knowledge of HR systems such as MyHR (SAP)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion hiring techniques
- Data Analytics
- Proficiency in MS Excel especially working with Pivot Tables and functions
- Candidates must have the pre-existing right to work in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
3rd January 2023 (23:59 South Africa Time)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- If you have any problems with your application please email email@example.com
- Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.