Nigeria LNG Limited is a globally competitive LNG company helping to build a better Nigeria, incorporated as a private limited liability company on May 17, 1989 to harness Nigeria’s vast natural gas resources and produce Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs) for the domestic and export markets. We provide exciting career opportunities and an innovative work environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Laboratory Analyst
Reference Code: PTL/2022/2/E
Location: LNG Plant – Bonny, Rivers
- To assist with the supervision and implementation of routine and non- routine laboratory testing services for water and environmental samples including calibration, analytical equipment operation, development, and maintenance activities to provide optimal support to NLNG production facilities and Asset to achieve compliance to contractual agreements, international standards, statutory regulations, and industry best practices.
- Assist to coordinate the day-to-day analytical operations and resources utilization of the laboratory water section to ensure reliable analytical support including analysis and determination of the physico-chemical properties of collected samples using applicable laboratory techniques to deliver laboratory service targets.
- Assist to coordinate and monitor the quality control and quality assurance processes to ensure compliance within approved validated operating limits to minimize non-conforming analytical works; maintain asset integrity and personnel safety in line with HSE considerations to prevent HSE incidents and accidents.
- Assist to ensure the utilization of approved laboratory procedures, validated test methods and equipment to ensure performance within approved operating parameters and limits according to ASTM D6299 guidelines for continued compliance to ISO 17025 requirements for continued maintenance of the laboratory accreditation.
- Assist with coordination of water section laboratory analysts to safely and reliably provide timely response with non-routine operational requests to manage plant process changes and upsets to prevent production losses.
- Assist to coordinate and monitor the provision of analytical support for plant effluent discharges to recipient body water and environmental monitoring samples in compliance to regulatory specifications to secure and maintain license to operate.
- Ensure water section laboratory analyzers are operated within the prescribed limits, identify performance gaps for required maintenance/preventative corrections and obsolescence equipment management including daily housekeeping tasks, waste management, chemicals and materials handling with adherence to industry best practices to achieve quantity and quality production targets in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist in the implementation of on-the-job training of laboratory analysts according to the A&P competence development framework to enhance improvement in their overall performance on the job.
- Assist in the implementation of non-standard test methods, introduction of new analytical technology and contributions to the laboratory budget preparation to ensure continuous improvements of the operation and services to customers.
- HND in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related disciplines with minimum of 4 years post qualification experience as an Analyst in the oil and gas industry.
Application Closing Date
5th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply Online
Job / Application Requirements
- Applicants should attach only the underlisted mandatory documents to their applications. Please do not attach any other documents except those listed below. All attachments must be in PDF format:
- NYSC Completion Certificate or Exemption Dertificate
- University Degree Certificate / Tertiary Institution certificate specified for the role you are applying for
- Professional certificate(s) stated in the Job Description of the role you are applying for
- Government-issued Birth Certificate
- Copy of Secondary education certificate
- Copy of Primary education certificate or testimonial
- Curriculum Vitae (not more than 2 pages)
- Applications must be completed online and should not be duplicated. Anyone who submits more than one application will be disqualified. Please review and ensure accuracy and completeness of all information provided on your application form before you submit. Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to outright disqualification.
- For the best user experience, please make use of laptops and desktops, not Mobile Phones.
- The supported Internet browsers are:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer – 11.0 & later
- Mozilla Firefox – 63.0 & later
- Apple Safari – 6.2 & later
- Google Chrome – 68.0 & later.
- The supported Internet browsers are:
- Click the link above to apply directly for this specific role or Click Here to follow the general application process
- Click on “Register with Us” to register
- If you have already registered, click on “Job Search”.
- Click on “Start” and the position advertised will be displayed.
- Scroll down and select the position by clicking on the grey box in front of position
- Click on “Apply”
- Attach /upload copies of only the specified documents – on the Job Portal. Send your application once you have completed all the segments of the application portal
- NLNG does NOT demand Payment from applicants: Application is FREE OF CHARGE.
- NLNG does NOT assign agents to assist applicants in processing applications.
- Only successful candidates at each stage of the exercise will be contacted.
- Only applications completed via the NLNG JOB PORTAL are valid. To avoid exposure to dubious/fraudulent websites/links, kindly apply ONLY via www.nigerialng.com
- We are an equal opportunity employer and, all employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications after competitive assessment.
- Eligible Females and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates who require reasonable adjustment during this recruitment by reason of disability, should kindly let us know for our evaluation. After applying on the NLNG portal, please send an email titled “Reasonable Adjustment” to Reasonableadjustment@nlng.com . A ‘reasonable adjustment’ is a change that must be made to remove or reduce a disadvantage related to:
- A job applicant’s disability when applying for a job
- An employee’s disability when doing their job.