9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Specialist, IT Infrastructure Operations
Job ID: IRC4980
- Responsible for the support & Management of a multi-vendor stack of Infrastructure platforms, integrated to deliver business services to agreed service levels.
- Ensure that availability targets for infrastructure platforms are aligned with overall service targets
- Contribute relevant IT performance metrics for management reports, by the specified deadlines, covering key aspects of service, projects, and people
- Provide out of hours support and guidance to the infrastructure platform support team as needed
- Identify new processes or modify existing processes to improve efficiencies in the support and management of the infrastructure platform stack
- Follow company standards, including security baselines and industry best practice approaches to delivering all IaaS & PaaS services
- Continuously evaluates the design, functionality and performance of supported business applications and makes thoughtful and significant recommendations for Infrastructure improvements/retirements
- Ensure transition and support documentation is fit for purpose, to a high standard and kept up to date
- Carry out other activities as instructed by the Manager, Infrastructure Operations.
- First Degree or equivalent in Computer Science / IT, Engineering or a related or relevant discipline.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Five (3) + years of combined Telecom/IT/applications management experience in high-impact role(s) with clear progression in levels of responsibilities
- Demonstrable experience managing a complex stack of multi-vendor Infrastructure platforms at the desired scale, preferably in a Telco environment
- Excellent knowledge in compute, Virtualization, Private Cloud, Public Cloud and understanding of core operating system constructs such as memory, processor, and I/O – disk and network)
- Expert in Information Lifecycle Management (Backup & Archiving)
- Proven professional experience and understanding of Storage, Network, Database, Security and Software Defined Technologies
- Sound knowledge of internal business processes, leading/emerging technologies, and developments within the mobile telecommunications industry and related ecosystems
- Self-starter, with good people management / exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills; Strong can-do attitude and aptitude to drive innovation
- Experience in working through complex issues and providing alternative solutions
- Ability to lead, influence and gain the confidence and respect of senior executives and functional leadership
- Ability to cope and deliver at satisfactorily high levels when under intense pressure
- Exceptional analytical, quick-learning, and critical thinking skills
- Strong change management skills
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online