United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Credit Monitoring
- To emphasize and protect high Credit Quality while encouraging and increasing the Bank’s market share without compromising risk assets quality.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review of approved Credits for quality, performance, and compliance with approved terms and conditions and credit policy.
- Monitoring of special conditions in credit facilities and escalation of exceptions / non-compliance. Identification of deteriorating accounts for Prudential Classification and transfer to Credit Remedial/Recovery.
- Ensure that limits are monitored, and incomes, fees, maturing repayments anniversary charges are captured.
- Detection and escalation of unauthorized credits.
- Implementation of policy-driven Credit-related Sanctions.
- Preparation of exception reports & imminent maturity report
- Monthly performance review of the bank’s exposure to the power sector and energy sector.
- Review of the bank’s contingent liabilities.
- Identification of warning signals and flagging likely problems before they crystallize.
- Regular rendition of weekly, monthly, and quarterly exception reports to Group Head Credit Monitoring Head Office.
- All other activities as delegated by the Directorate Head.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- First Degree in quantitative subjects (Accounting, Economics, Bus. Admin, Banking & Finance, etc)
- Post Graduate Qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience required
- Computer literate
- Ability to demonstrate initiative
- Good analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
5th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information
Please Share this to Family and Friends