United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Market Risk
- Measurement, monitoring and controlling of the market risks to which the Group is exposed.
- Implement consistent Market Risk Management policies and procedures across the Group.
- Minimize Position and Trading Losses.
- Achieve high levels of Customer Satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Scanning financial markets for relevant data to positions held by the bank, both financial and regulatory.
- Collection of internal data for the head office and subsidiaries through the Bank’s operating systems.
- Data collection from various market intelligence reports that impacts the Bank’s position.
- Collection of bank data to identify the Bank’s market positions.
- Collection of market data with reference to the various positions in order to be able to make comparisons.
- Preparation of daily reports which show the position of the Bank, highlighting areas of concern and areas requiring improvement.
- Monitoring of set limits for compliance for the bank.
- Circulation of reports to concerned parties and escalation of issues where the need arises.
- Preparation of Other Market Risk Reports.
- Preparation of revaluation report for both the Held for Trading and Available for Sale portfolio of the Bank.
- Preparation of Value-at-Risk Reports for the bank.
- Preparation of Sensitivity Analysis for Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange portfolios – bank.
- Monitoring of deals consummated by Treasury.
- Preparation of Derivatives Valuation Report for the bank
- Preparation of other trading Market Risk report.
- Provide support in the preparation of GALCO Reports – bank.
- Provide support in the preparation of the Group Risk Management Report – bank.
- Provide support in the preparation of Market Risk Snapshots for the Chairman – bank.
- Provide support in the Preparation of Board Reports – bank.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- First Degree in any related discipline.
- Minimum years of work experience required: 10 years.
- Basic Accounting.
- Understand banking operations.
- Good grasp of balance sheet mapping.
- Above-average database management abilities.
- Highly numerate skills.
Application Closing Date
23rd December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Please Share this to Family and Friends